Thursday, March 23, 2006

Toilet Attendants in Pubs and Clubs

Now it may just be me, maybe it's always been this way and I just didn't notice, but what's the craic with the dudes in the toilets who want to wash your hands and dry them for you! Man that's sooooooooooooo annoying! There you are quietly going about your business when someone jumps out of nowhere - he may have been on the other side of the room reading a paper so you thought you were safe - he then grabs your hands, puts them under the tap, sprays you in the face with some foul smelling liquid, tries to dry your hands then wants you to give him money! I mean after all that you're standing in a daze, eyes burning, thinking "what just happened? **looks around** what the? **looks around** ". If I wanted somone to wash my hands I'd ask! And I'd certainly want someone who hadn't had their hands on every guy who's taken a crap in the last day... GOD!

I don't know what it's like for women but for men there is an ancient and unwritten code for public toilets - it goes something like this: You can only talk to another person within the confines of the men's room when doing the same thing as that person, the conversation must also be totally superficial. So when you're trying to "get on with it" and there is a person just behind you asking questions and occasionally singing, this violates the code!
I just don't understand, no one likes this service, so why does everyone keep employing people to do it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Niall said...

I don't believe they're employed as such - the only money they make is from the people who feel obliged to drop something in their tray.

You missed a point though - they also try to peddle lolly pops. If you ask me there's just something not quite right about a dude trying to sell you food in a public toilet.

1:50 p.m., March 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home